Dream Honeymoons

amyg

Dream Honeymoons

19 Apr, 2012 3:40 p.m.

I'm not engaged, but too many of my friends are so now I've got the wedding fever. I LOVE travelling, having a heavy backpack and getting sweaty climbing ancient staircases and admiring crumbling walls, and if I was any less responsible I would be an unemployed bum on the streets of some foreign city taking in all the sights. I'm curious what destinations other people have considered for the ultimate honeymoon. I'm partial to Europe and the Mediterranean. I have friends who want nothing more than to lay on a beach for a week drinking daiquiris...but I want something more cultural.

Now, for those of you considering a honeymoon closer to home (which let me add is not uncommon or "less-than" considering all that goes on around here!) I'd like to guide you to some helpful information. For starters, the South Shore of Long Island features a handful of distinct destinations, including Jones Beach, Fire Island, the Hamptons and Montauk. Take surfing lessons, enter a sand castle contest, or sleep all day and have a fun night at any number of popular clubs. And all along these points are little gems of culturally distinct coastal neighborhoods, might I add. The North Fork and East End of Long Island are uniquely beautiful, and offer so much activity and entertainment. You can rent a boat and spend a leisurely afternoon drifting on the Long Island Sound, or take a romantic wine tasting tour in Long Island's wine country. Long Island is a great alternative to paying for a hotel in New York City, which is a short drive from anywhere on Long Island. Hop on the Long Island Railroad and avoid the traffic - you'll land right in the heart of the city. Long Island also has a ton of museums, theaters, beaches, parks, restaurants, hotels, resorts, and plenty to do.

Brixton

Re:Dream Honeymoons

26 Apr, 2012 4:07 p.m.

I've always dreamed of traveling to France so I guess I would choose that as my dream honeymoon destination. I've only seen pictures but Croatia looks like a beautiful place, thought I don't really know too much about the country itself. Greece too.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog