Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"COVID-19 continues to spread in New York State and new variants are cause for concern, so it's absolutely vital that every New Yorker who hasn't gotten vaccinated yet does so immediately," Governor Cuomo said. "The vaccine is available for free at a wide range of sites across the state, and you can get it today without an appointment. Getting vaccinated keeps your family, friends and community safe, so get your shot today."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 88,877
- Total Positive - 1,982
- Percent Positive - 2.23%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 1.76%
- Patient Hospitalization - 505 (+11)
- Patients Newly Admitted - 94
- Patients in ICU - 120 (+2)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 38 (-4)
- Total Discharges - 186,291 (+75)
- Deaths - 7
- Total Deaths - 43,055
- Total vaccine doses administered - 22,032,734
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 34,123
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 242,929
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 71.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 66.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 74.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 67.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 59.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 55.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) -
- 62.3%Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 56.5%
Yesterday, 1,982 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 2,120,155. Yesterday, 7 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total to 43,055.
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis. People who would prefer to schedule an appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can do so on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX. People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available, or visit vaccines.gov to find information on vaccine appointments near them.