2018 Long Island Business Expo Evolves and Expands Offerings to Benefit Long Island Businesses

LongIsland.com

Event draws record crowd to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum; new programming added, including Social Media Lab, Facilitated Networking, and more.

Print Email

The 2018 Long Island Business Expo was held on Thursday, May 10 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Photo by: Chris Boyle

Uniondale, NY - May 11, 2018 - For its third year running – and its second since moving to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale – the 2018 Long Island Business Expo is celebrating the completion of yet another successful event that made a plethora of exclusive programming and content available for local entrepreneurs and companies to utilize in order to help them get a leg up in today’s hyper-competitive business scene.

Event Management LLC President and Producer of the Long Island Business Expo, Marc P. Sherer, said that attendance at the May 10 event – both in terms of vendors, speakers, and attendees – was at an all-time high, making the 2018 Expo the most successful one yet.

Event Management LLC President and Producer of the Long Island Business Expo, Marc P. Sherer. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

“We have 170 exhibitors, numerous guest speakers, and thousands of attendees, and we're thrilled with the size of the show this year. These vendors are terrific companies that have, in many cases, the newest emerging technologies and trends on ways to do things,” he said. “As a small business owner myself, sometimes I find that since I've been doing things the same way for 10 years, I'll just continue to do it that way…but there's always smarter ways of doing things, more effective ways, and they're here to convey some of the new strategies that are available."

The Expo had 170 exhibitors, numerous guest speakers, and thousands of attendees. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

Sherer noted that he came up with the idea of doing the Long Island Business Expo – which debuted in 2016 at Hofstra University before moving to Nassau Coliseum the next year – after Event Management LLC had been producing a similar show at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan for the past 14 years. 

Speakers at the Expo hail from all over the country, and come only to share their immense knowledge with attendees. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

“The New York Business Expo a business-to-business show designed to help small businesses grow, work smarter, and stay tuned to emerging technologies in order to be more effective and efficient in the running of their business,” he said. “The business leaders of Long Island came to me and said, ‘Marc, would you be interested in producing a show in Long Island?’ I'm from Connecticut, so at the time I didn't realize, but the Long Island business community is vibrant and it's distinct to itself, so we were very thrilled with the opportunity. We started the LI Business Expo three years ago at Hofstra University, and last year was the first ever show after the grand re-opening of the convention center at the newly remodeled Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and we’re back here again for year three.” 

The LI Business Expo a business-to-business show designed to help small businesses grow, work smarter, and stay tuned to emerging technologies. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

What makes the LI Business Expo valuable, Sherer noted, is the fact that attendees going to meet people that are movers and shakers; the leaders of business in the Long Island region. However, in addition to that resource, those attending the event also gain access to a wide variety of content designed to make them the best business man or woman that they can possibly be.

Another popular new addition to the Expo’s extensive lineup this year was the Social Media Lab. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

“The show has 30-plus seminars, two Keynote Speakers, networking functions, and our speakers are literally from all over the country. They come only to download their knowledge, their vast knowledge, to the attendees, and they're here at the show to try to help the business community be more effective,” Sherer said. “Every year we try to introduce new elements. This year we're doing something fun called the ‘Facilitated Networking Session.’ Facilitated Networking is much different than a regular seminar, where you just listen to somebody talk for 45 minutes. Facilitated Networking is interactive, and you learn the best strategies for networking, how to be effective, how to summarize what it is you're looking for, and how to move on from those people who are not necessarily good contacts. It's brand new this year, and people love it.”

The team from LongIsland.com was one of the many vendors present at the 2018 Long Island Business Expo. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

Another popular new addition to the Expo’s extensive lineup this year was the Social Media Lab, Sherer said. 

“Even now, many small business owners often ask themselves, should I use social media to help grow my business? And if I should, which social media network is right for me? Should I be on LinkedIn, or Twitter, or Facebook...which ones make sense?” he said. “So we have an open-air theatre running on the show floor all day long, and its being put on by the Social Media Association of Long Island – the experts – and it's been standing room only. People are loving it and they're learning from it.”

At the Long Island Business Expo, 
attendees meet people that are movers and shakers; the leaders of business in the Long Island region. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

From the packed show floor all day long, it’s easy to say that the Long Island Business Expo has caught on with local companies and entrepreneurs, who flocked for the third year straight to drink deep of the knowledge and networking opportunities afforded by the brainchild of Marc Sherer. And as for next year? It’s only going to get bigger and better, he said.

The Expo 
drew a record crowd to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Photo Credit: Chris Boyle

“It's a really very good show, if you weren't able to attend this year, I highly recommend that you visit our website at www.businessexpoli.com to find out more about the event,” he said. “Our contact information is on the site, and you can get into our database and opt-in to receiving our emails, so that you'll get information and be advised as to when you should register the next year.  So please, come to the show in 2019...we're going to be having another growth year, another expansion year, and we hope that you can join us.”