Patchogue, NY - May 28, 2016 - The Suffolk County Police Highway Patrol Bureau, assisted by Fifth Precinct officers and the New York State Police, arrested 12 people during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in the Patchogue area.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Highway Patrol Bureau conducted a Sobriety Checkpoint at Waverly Plaza, located at 371 Waverly Ave., Patchogue. The operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while ability impaired by alcohol and drugs, particularly during the Memorial Day Holiday weekend. A total of 991 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Bradley Becker, 41, of East Islip
- Theresa White, 53, of Holtsville
- Cynthia Dauge, 51, of East Northport
- Robert Guilfayle, 55, of Lindenhurst
- Peter Zorzenon, 59, of Bellport
- Jessica Williams, 31, of Port Jefferson
- Erol Caypinar, 30, of East Patchogue
- Tara Hamilton-Bilicki, 41, of West Babylon
- Daniel Fuentes, 25, of Central Islip
- Roberto Peraza, 31, of Copiague
- Daniel Kilbourne, 50, of Islip Terrace
- Tiffani Capers, 27, of Bay Shore
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on May 28.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.