January 27, 2015 - Long Island, NY - The first significant winter weather event of 2015 is having a limited impact on customers across PSEG Long Island’s service territory.
PSEG Long Island is reporting that as of 3:16 am, 29 of the approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways, are currently without service.
More than 550 mutual assistance line personnel and 200 tree trimmers are expected on Long Island to support all of the utility’s crews that are working as safely and as quickly as possible to restore power.
Stay in touch with PSEG Long Island:
- To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075
- Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454)
- Check for updates using our outage map at https://www.psegliny.com/c.cfm/Outage
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for restoration progress. Do not report outages through our social media pages
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Please visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Sesame to learn about the PSEG and Sesame Street App “Let’s Get Ready: Planning Together for Emergencies”
- Watch our YouTube videos at https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/StormCenter for tips on how to prepare your family and how power is restored after a storm.