Plainview, NY - September 30, 2016 - The founders of the Long Island Fight for Charity (LIFFC), one of Long Island’s largest and most anticipated charity networking events, will host a Boxer Matchup Reception Tuesday, October 18, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.at Carlyle At The Palace in Plainview. Volunteer boxers will learn who their opponents will be at the 13th Main Event to be held in November. A crowd of over 200 friends, family members, fans, sponsors and committee members are expected to gather at this exciting program and network event.
The boxers, after months of preparation, fundraising and training, are anxious to know who they will face in the ring at the 13th Main Event which will be held at the Hilton Long Island in Melville. The Main Event will feature 11 bouts with boxers who represent the Long Island business community. Boxers will go toe-to-toe on the canvas for three sanctioned rounds.
“The Matchup Reception is the final step for our boxers as they near the completion of their training and preparations for the 2016 Main Event. It is also a key moment during our year for our boxers and our organization as we take a moment to reflect on our mission, which is to raise money to help others living in our Long Island community who are in need and the positive impact our efforts will have on their lives,” said Jamie Austin, co-founder LIFFC.
The 13th Long Island Fight for Charity is attracting attention from the media and Long Island’s business community. Local businesses and professional firms sponsoring this year’s 13th Main Event include: Farrell Fritz, P.C., PricewaterhouseCoopers, HTJ Construction Co. Corp., Stiegelbauer Associates, Switchboard Technologies, Teachers Federal Credit Union, Sir Speedy - Westbury, Melville and Hauppauge and Carlyle on the Green.
Proceeds from this unique and popular Long Island Fight for Charity fundraiser will be donated to the Long Island Community Chest, The Genesis School and the National Foundation for Human Potential. Long Island Fight for Charity had donated over $1 million to Long Island charities since its founding in 2003. This event is expected to sell out and break previous records.
Matchup Reception ticket are $10 per person and includes food, beer, wine and soft drinks and a live band. For tickets go here - for sponsorships and other information visit: lifightforcharity.org or call (877) 240-7821
The volunteer boxers representing the Long Island business community to be featured in the 13th Main Event are:
- Mohammed Bin “The Furious Fire” Ali of Bronx
- Michael “The Bayville Bomber” Bednar of Bayville
- Frank “The Hacker Attacker” Bravata of Ronkonkoma
- Dave “The Demolisher” Compitello of West Islip
- Landon “Lights Out Litigator” Dais of NYC
- Jeff “The Tasmanian Devil” Goldstein of Middle Island
- Elena “Black Widow” Lardizzone of Huntington Station
- Edison Lucero of Holbrook
- Dr. Ron “The Mazzacutioner” Mazza of Northport
- Edgar “The Bruiser” Montenegro of Lattingtown
- Gayatrri “Lady Gaya” Musraca of Huntington
- John “The Fighting Fiduciary” Redican of Bellmore
- Ray “The Punisher” Rivera of Central Islip
- Jason “The Defender” Russo of Bay Shore
- Tom “The Schorr Thing” Schorr of Huntington