Nassau County, NY - October 24, 2014 - To increase the ranks of the volunteer Nassau County Auxiliary Police, County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced a recruitment drive, November 10th – 13th, from 5:00pm – 9:00pm at local police precincts and policing centers.
The Auxiliary Police Section is comprised of over 30 community based unites. Each unit is made up of dedicated volunteers who prevent and deter criminal activity by routine patrols in marked Auxiliary Police vehicles. They ensure the safety of residents during various community events, manage traffic at parades and special events such as the LI Marathon, firework displays, holiday ceremonies as well as community events and festivities and provide assistance and support services during disasters and other emergencies.
During the recruitment drive, the Auxiliary Police will be recruiting residents between the ages of 18 and 60 to assist the Nassau County Police Department in protecting our communities. Nassau residents must meet specific qualifications to become a member of the department. If you are interested in volunteering for the Nassau County Auxiliary Police program or to learn more please attend the recruitment drive from November 10th - 13th from 5:00pm - 9:00pm at one of the below locations. To find out if you are eligible and meet the required criteria, please visit www.pdcnaux.org.
Nassau County Auxiliary Police Recruitment Locations:
- First Precinct, 900 Merrick Road, Baldwin
- Second Precinct, 7700 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury
- Third Precinct, 214 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park
- Fourth Precinct, 1699 Broadway, Hewlett
- Seventh Precinct, 3636 Merrick Road, Seaford
- Elmont Policing Center, 1655 Dutch Broadway, Elmont
- Levittown Policing Center, 286 N. Wantagh Avenue, Levittown
- Manhasset Policing Center, 100 Community Drive, Manhasset
Photo by Andy Naylor via Free Images