Long Island, NY - May 26, 2016 - MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide 10 additional early-afternoon trains from Penn Station on Friday, May 27, for customers planning an early start to the Memorial Day Weekend. The LIRR will operate on a regular weekend schedule on Saturday and Sunday and on a holiday schedule on Memorial Day.
The following trains have been added to the regular Friday afternoon schedule:
- 1:49 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Ronkonkoma
Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
- 2:19 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon
- 2:32 p.m. express to Lynbrook, and then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch
- 3:40 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., and then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 p.m. express to Locust Manor then all stops to Far Rockaway
Montauk-Bound (Including the Cannonball)
These three regularly scheduled Friday-only afternoon departures will operate on May 27:
- 1:42 p.m. out of Penn Station connecting at Jamaica with 2:07 p.m. to Montauk stopping at Westhampton, Hampton Bays, Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Amagansett and Montauk
- 4:06 p.m. Cannonball express from Penn Station making stops in Westhampton, Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton and Montauk
- 5:09 p.m. from Penn Station, stopping in Jamaica, Babylon and all stops to Montauk
For More Information:
Consult the LIRR website or customers may call the LIRR Customer Service Center at 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say “Long Island Rail Road,” when prompted. The deaf or hard of hearing can use their preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach the LIRR at 511.