Both Long Island counties have ongoing personal protective equipment (PPE) supply drives in place to protect medical professionals and first responders on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Recently, Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone announced the expansion of his county’s drive.
Supplies can be dropped off Weekdays between the hours of 10am - 2pm at:
- The Suffolk County Fire Academy located at 102 East Avenue in Yaphank
- The DPW Yard located at 150 Old Riverhead Rd in Westhampton
- The DPW Yard located at 97 Crooked Hill Rd in Commack
The County is looking to solicit donations of N95 masks, ear loop face masks, gowns and gloves. For a large donation of supplies or a potential vendor of opportunity, residents can contact FRESfinance@suffolkcountyny.gov or email@example.com.
In Nassau County, Executive Laura Curran announced that the county is continuing to accept donations of medical supplies for local first responders and healthcare workers facing shortages.
Residents can drop off items at the Public Safety Building in Eisenhower Park (Parking Field 3) at 1899 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554. Weekdays from 9am to 3pm until Friday, April 3.
Requested items for Nassau County's PPE donation drive include:
- N-95 and surgical masks (in unopened containers/boxes)
- Eye protection, such as goggles and face shields
- Antibacterial and disinfectant wipes (unopened)
- Disposable Medical Gowns (paper fluid resistant or plastic)
- Hand sanitizer
- Nitrile gloves (new, in unopened box, not expired)
- Shoe covers
- No-touch thermometers
- Thermometer probe covers
- HEPA Filters for Ventilators/Anesthesia Machines