October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but there are also many other charities on Long Island that need your support, not only for one month but all year round. It is amazing how these charities have come up with so many engaging ways to raise awareness and money for great causes.
So, with Halloween coming, many great charities are hosting Charity Haunts or some Halloween attractions are raising money for great causes this Halloween Season.
Check out the haunted charitable events going on this month. Get a scare and show that you care!
- Raising Darkness: This huge haunted attraction not only will scare you, but all proceeds from the haunted season will go to Community Counseling and the Heather Pendergast Foundation.
- Spooky Walk: This 45 minute haunted attraction will not only scare you, but all proceeds will be donated to Camp Paquatuck, a camp for children and adults with special needs.
- Alex's Haunted Lemonade Stand: Although free to walk through, this haunted attraction takes donations for Alex's Lemonade Stand Cancer Foundation.
- Farmingdale FD Fright House: Proceeds for this haunt goes to the volunteer fire department, so get a scare and support an important part of the community.
- Thrill The World @ Islip: Nothing says Halloween like Michael Jackson's "Thriller" song and dance! Every year Islip tries to break the world record of most people doing the Thriller. This is not only happening in Islip, but ALL AROUND THE WORLD at the same time! So come down and dance for a good cause! Proceeds go to several local charities.
Know of any other great haunted charitable events going on here on Long Island? Tell us about them below!