Nothing is more rustic than a corn maze and this is a great time of year to check one out! Not all corn mazes are alike. Some corn mazes are simple while others are very complex.
Among the many things to do this fall to get into the Halloween spirit, corn mazes are popular all over Long Island and the country. The original purpose of corn mazes were for farmers to earn money from the tourist that would usually pass by their farms. As the popularity grew, farmers became from creative and have made many corn mazes with many trails to create images that can be viewed from the air.
Think Corn Mazes are boring? Think again! Not only can you get lost in one, you can get scared in one as well!
Check out one of the awesome corn mazes on the island:
- F&W Schmitt Farms Haunted Mansion & Nighttime Haunted Maze: This haunted mansion and maze offers a lot of fun for guests. Their nightime corn maze is a must visit!
- Boo at the Zoo: Octobers at the Bronx Zoo includes a lot of fun activities at the zoo. One weekends, although not corn, their hay maze is one you will not want to miss.
- Glover Farms U-Pick Pumpkin & Corn Maze: Their chicken hunt corn maze will be fun to enjoy with their roasted corn that they offer at this attraction in Brookhaven.
- Lewin Farms Hay Rides & Corn Maze: This farm in Wading River offers guests an impressive corn maze that can take at least 20 minutes to get out of.
- PumpkinFest: This Yapank attraction offers a corn maze and many other acitivities and crafts.
Have you ever been to a corn maze? Which is your favorite one to go to? Let us know in the comments below!