This recipe for Avocado Margaritas is simple to make, and tastes so light, creamy and refreshing.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups ice
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1-3 teaspoons agave nectar, optional
- 1-3 slices fresh jalapeno, optional
- optional garnishes: fresh lime wedges, extra fresh cilantro, extra avocado slices
Add avocado, ice, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Taste and add extra agave nectar to sweeten, and/or extra jalapeno to kick up the heat, if desired. Pulse until smooth. Serve immediately in glasses that have been rimmed with salt*. Top with optional garnishes, if desired.
With grapefruit and cranberry juices and simple syrup, this drink is the perfect mix of sweet and sour.
- 2 ozTequila
- 4 oz Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- Splash of Cranberry Juice
- Fresh Mint
Fill shaker with ice cubes.
Add tequila, grapefruit juice and simple syrup Shake and strain into chilled rocks glasses filled with ice cubes. Pour Cranberry juice over each glass. Garnish with fresh mint.
BLACKBERRY HABANERO MARGARITA
A zingy spicy margarita recipe made with habanero peppers, juicy blackberries, and white tequila. Time to seriously up your zest factor.
For the syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 habanero diced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
For the margarita
- 1 ½ ounces white tequila
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ¼ ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces blackberry-habanero syrup
- Salt and lime zest to rim the glass
- Lime and blackberries for garnish
In a small pot, over medium heat, add all syrup ingredients except the blackberries. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Place blackberries and syrup into a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. It will last up to a week. When ready to serve, strain the blackberry-habanero syrup. This will produce about 1 cup or enough for 4 drinks. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the margarita ingredients. Shake well. Rim the glass with salt and lime zest and fill with ice. Pour the margarita into the glass and garnish with a lime slice and blackberry.
This is the most festive rice and almond drink that will launch you into the stratosphere when you spike it with dark rum.
- 1 cup white rice, I used long grain
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark rum like Myers's Rum
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
Soak the rice, almonds and cinnamon overnight in 4 cups of hot water. The next day pour the soaked ingredients and liquid into a blender and whiz it up until it's very smooth. This could be 3-5 minutes. Strain the mixture into a pitcher through a strainer or cheesecloth. Add condensed milk and vanilla and stir well. Add the rum. Mix well, serve over ice with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.