Last Minute Prom Preparation Tips
Some last minute prom preparation tips for you before you head out to your night full of fun, dancing, and memory making.
It’s very easy to get swept up in the hustle and bustle of prom preparation and even easier to forget a few things along the way. We want your prom to be as flawless and perfect as you’ve imaged it being, but that’s not always reality. This is why it’s useful to know a few prom preparation tips and hints before your big day. That way all of your bases are covered, and if they’re not you have a backup plan.
So you’ve got the dress, the tux, the limo, shoes, what else is there. I hate to break it to you, but plenty. Prom planning is an entire ordeal within itself. Here are a few reminders and tips to keep you calm, cool, collected, and prepared for anything that comes up on your special day.
- Break in your shoes before the big night. You don't want to be stuck with blisters and achy feet when you're supposed to be dancing the night away. Pack a few Band-Aids just in case. Use them to protect the sensitive parts of your feet.
- Keep the corsage and boutonniere nice and cool in the refrigerator. You don't want it to wilt before you've had the chance to put it on yourself or your date.
- Ladies, be sure to pack your purse beforehand. Make sure you have lipstick for any needed touchups. Deodorant so you can re-apply if necessary. A small sewing kit it also a good thing to have in case of any sudden tears or straps coming undone.
- Call all of your appointments beforehand to confirm. Hair, nails, and whatever other appointments you have set up should be confirmed so there are no surprises when you show up.
- Try your outfit on again before the day of prom. If your dress is not hemmed appropriately, or if your slacks are too long, know the location of your nearest dry cleaner so you can have the length issue sorted out as soon as possible.
- Make sure all of your electronics, like your cell phone and camera, are charged up. The last thing you want is to be on low battery when you have tons of pictures still to be taken.
- Carry some emergency cash with you. You never know what could happen. If you miss your ride somehow you’ll want the extra money to be able to pay for a cab.
- Some other miscellaneous things you might want to bring with you are: headache medicine, a stain remover stick, breath mints/gum, hairpins, and of course, don’t forget the tickets!
Now the only thing left to do is have a blast and enjoy your prom night!