2 tblsp. All-purpose flour 1 tblsp. Olive or salad oil 1/2 lb. cooked, sliced thin Ham 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Muenster or swiss cheese 8 6-7 inch size Flour tortillas 1/4 tsp. Salt 1 1/2 cups Milk 2 lbs. Asparagus
1) Hold base of each asparagus stalk firmly and bend stalk; end will break off at spot where stalk becomes too tough to eat. Discard tough ends; trim scales if stalks are gritty.
2) In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot olive or salad oil, cook flour 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and salt; over high heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Keep sauce warm.
3) In 12-inch skillet over high heat, in 1/2 inch boiling water, heat asparagus to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook asparagus 3 to 5 minutes until tender-crisp; drain.
4) Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Top a tortilla with one-eighth of cheese slices, one-eighth of ham slices, and one-eighth of asparagus spears; roll up. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, ham, and asparagus, working quickly so tortillas do not dry out.
5) Place rolls on broiler-safe platter; pour sauce over rolls. With oven rack at closest position to source of heat, broil tortilla rolls 5 minutes or until sauce is lightly browned. Discard toothpicks.