Huntington Station, NY - November 2nd, 2013 - Suffolk County Police, New York State Police, Suffolk County Parks Police and Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police arrested nine people and seized one vehicle during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station.
Suffolk County Highway Patrol and Second Precinct officers, assisted by New York State Troopers, Suffolk County Parks Police and Metropolitan Transportation Authority police officers, conducted a sobriety checkpoint on Route 110 in Huntington Station. This operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while intoxicated. A total of 527 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Kimberly Mulloy, 30, of 98 Westwood Road N., Massapequa Park
- Judy Breden, 49, of 74 Spruce St., Hicksville
- Samantha Benkovsky, 25, of 12 Wilderness Road, St. James
- Shannon Ferguson, 29, of 1 Roberts Place, Melville
- Taylor Freidman, 22, of 70 Mulford Ave., Huntington Station
- Danielle Muller, 41, of 10 St. Claire St., Deer Park
- Paul Martinolich, 37, of 3280 Sunrise Highway, Wantagh
The following people were charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs:
- Bettmarie Lopez Hernandez, 22, of 457 Lincoln Blvd., Hauppauge
- Marc Korsunsky, 23, of 7902 19th Ave., Brooklyn
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on November 2.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Incident: Nine People Arrested at Sobriety Checkpoint
Location: Route 110, Huntington Station
Date/Time: Friday, November 1, 2013 at 11:10 p.m. to Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 3 a.m.