Governor Kathy Hochul has updated New Yorkers on the state's progress combating COVID-19.
"The COVID-19 vaccine is readily available, free, and most importantly, it's effective - now, for those eligible, it is also important to get booster shots to ensure your vaccine is as efficient as possible," Governor Hochul said. "A year ago, we were not lucky enough to have a vaccine at our disposal, but now we have multiple. The vaccine is the best tool we have to work our way out of this pandemic and I encourage those who have not yet received theirs to go out and get it to protect yourself and your loved ones."
Today's data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported - 125,595
- Total Positive - 3,054
- Percent Positive - 2.43%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive - 2.10
- Patient Hospitalization - 2,044 (+37)\
- Patients Newly Admitted - 214
- Patients in ICU - 461 (+8)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation - 252 (+7)
- Total Discharges - 207,002 (+167)\
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 28
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS - 45,376
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC - 57,741
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered - 26,683,007
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours - 45,217
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days - 391,938
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose - 83.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series - 76.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 86.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 78.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose - 70.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series - 64.3%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) - 73.6%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) - 66.1%
Yesterday, 3,054 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 2,513,744.
Yesterday, 28 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total compiled through HERDS to 45,376.