The St. Francis Hospital outreach bus will be visiting locations within the Town of North Hempstead for an initiative called Project Independence, the Town’s ‘aging-in-place’ initiative to provide residents with free health screenings.
“Project Independence is proud to partner with the St. Francis Hospital Community Outreach Program to hold free health screenings for our residents throughout the Town of North Hempstead with the goal of providing access to high quality health care to all in our community,” said Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth.
The screenings will include a brief cardiac history, blood pressure screening, a simple blood test for cholesterol, and a diabetes screening with appropriate patient education and referrals as needed for clients above the age of 18, according to a press release about the initiative. Pending availability, flu shots will also be offered at the screening locations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, screenings will be held outside under the awning of the bus weather permitting. Large indoor spaces are reserved in case of inclement weather. All patients will be required to wear a mask and will be asked to thoroughly clean their hands prior to each screening. Additionally, patients will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and have their temperature checked before screenings.
Screenings will be held on:
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Manhasset Valley Residence, 155 East Shore Rd, Manhasset
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fuschillo Park, Carle Road at Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
- Friday, October 2, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Clinton G. Martin Park, 1601 Marcus Avenue, New Hyde Park
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street, Westbury
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Magnolia Gardens, 899 Broadway, Westbury
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Manhasset Valley Residence, 155 East Shore Road, Manhasset
For more information, please call 311 or (516) 869-6311.