Port Jefferson Station, NY - September 1, 2014 - Suffolk County Police, assisted by the New York State Police and the Metropolitan Transit Authority, arrested 6 people during an overnight Sobriety Checkpoint in the Port Jefferson Station area.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Highway Patrol Bureau, along with New York State Troopers and officers from the Metropolitan Transit Authority, conducted a Sobriety Checkpoint on Rt. 25A in Port Jefferson Station. The operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while intoxicated, particularly during the Labor Day Weekend. A total of 1,467 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Amy Klem, 29, of 194 Riverside Avenue, Mastic Beach
- Jose Rauda, 29, of 191 Mark Tree Road., Centereach
- Dorothy Neilsen, 49, of 41 Washington Street, Setauket
- Joseph Laterra, 19, of 6 Powderhorn Lane, Selden
- Kirk Judson, 55, of 65 Joline Road, Port Jefferson Station
The following person was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs
- Craig Miller, 31, of 4607 Town House Drive, Coram
Neilsen will be arraigned on at First District Court in Central Islip. The rest of the above individuals are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court this morning.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.