Port Jefferson Station, NY - August 31, 2013 - Suffolk County Highway Patrol and Sixth Precinct officers, assisted by New York State Troopers, Suffolk County Parks Police and Metropolitan Transportation Authority police officers, conducted a sobriety checkpoint on Route 25A in Port Jefferson Station. This operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while intoxicated, particularly during the beginning of the Labor Day weekend. A total of 976 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Robert Male, 33, of 86 Middle Island Ave., Medford
- Stephen Walsh, 50, of 74 Oneida Ave., South Setauket
- Jessie Kemp, 26, Of 1015 Avalon Pines Drive, Coram
- Alexandria Heller, 21, of 150 Hawthorne St., Mastic
- Nicholas Azzara, 18, of 18 Soundview Drive, Shoreham
- George Torres, 78, of 1050 Hillsboro Mile, Hillsboro Beach, Florida
- Sabrina Brown, 35, of 165 Poospatuck Lane, Mastic
- Christina Harris, 29, of 9 Duck Hill Road, Coram
- John Farrell, 23, of 29 Commodore Circle, Port Jefferson
The following person was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol
- Joseph Jackson, 24, of 195 Claywood Drive, Brentwood
The following person was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs:
- Harry Themann, 55, of 12 Wrana St., Medford
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on August 31.