Long Island, NY - August 6, 2015 - PSEG Long Island is actively restoring power to the remaining 3,598 customers impacted by the severe storm that passed through the service territory on Tuesday morning.
- 95 percent of the customers were restored within the first 48 hours.
- PSEG Long Island has, in total, more than 950 restoration personnel onsite in the impacted areas. PSEG Long Island thanks our neighboring utilities for providing more than 611 workers to aid in the ongoing restoration efforts.
The Coram customer office, located at 2045 Route 112, Coram, NY 11727 (in the SCWA complex), will be open until 5:00 p.m., providing the following services:
- Charging Stations
PSEG Long Island opened additional outreach centers supplying water and ice in the hardest hit areas until 5:00 p.m.:
- Southold – Southold Town Hall: 53095 Main Road, Southold
- Stony Brook – Stony Brook Fire Department: 147 Main Road, Stony Brook
- Smithtown/St. James – St. James Train Station: Lake Avenue & 2nd Street, Just South of Route 25A and North of Route 25
- 20 roving customer liaisons will be in the areas most impacted by the storm and providing customers with additional information, cool beverages and snacks.
Stay in touch and stay safe with PSEG Long Island:
- To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Electric Service line at 1-800-490-0075
Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454)
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Check for updates using our outage map at here
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for restoration progress. Do not report outages through our social media pages
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Please visit here to learn about the PSEG and Sesame Street App “Let’s Get Ready: Planning Together for Emergencies”
- Watch our YouTube videos online for tips on how to prepare your family and how power is restored after a storm.