They’re calling it a first of its kind for Long Island. The Town of Oyster Bay announced that it is hosting a free summer concert series at TOBAY beach. The difference from all other concerts is that this one is drive-in.
“Oyster Bay Town Supervisor Joseph Saladino and the Town Board are excited to announce Long Island’s first-ever drive-In concert series for the summer of 2020,” the Town announced on its website.
All concerts are free, open to residents only and begin at 8pm in the parking lot at TOBAY Beach. Music lovers can bring a cooler and the entire family to enjoy the show.
“You and the family can enjoy the ocean breeze and sounds of Rock, Country, Mo-town and more without spending a dime,” said Saladino. “Bring your family and friends, a cooler to TOBAY Beach and join us at these drive-in concerts all summer long."
Vehicles will be admitted to the parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 7pm the day of the event. For the safety of all residents, concertgoers must remain in their cars. Portable restroom facilities will be on-site. Attendees are asked to consider donating a nonperishable food item upon arrival at the venue. All donations will benefit Island Harvest Food Bank.
Drive-In Summer Concert Series Calendar:
- Wednesday, July 1st - The Fast Lane, Eagles Tribute Band
- Tuesday, July 7th - Simply Diamond, The Ultimate Neil Diamond Tribute featuring Brian LeBlanc
- Thursday, July 9th - Dr. K’s Motown Revue, America’s #1 Authentic Motown Revue Band
- Saturday, July 11th - Shades of Bublé, A Three-Man Tribute To Michael Bublé
- Tuesday, July 14th - The Doobie Others, Tribute to The Doobie Brothers
- Thursday, July 16th - Disco Unlimited, The hottest disco show and dance band on the East Coast
- Saturday, July 18th - Big Eyed Phish, The Dave Matthews Tribute Band
- Tuesday, July 21st - Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot, Celebrating the music of Billy Joel and more
- Thursday, July 23rd - Petty Rumours, A Tribute to Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks
- Saturday, July 25th - Freebird, The Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute Band
- Tuesday, July 28th - Decadia, 80’s and Beyond
- Thursday, July 30th - Southbound, Rock’n Party Country Band playing the hits of Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Zac Brown, Kenny Chesney & more!
- Saturday, August 1st - The Rocket Man Show, Tribute to Elton John
- Tuesday, August 4th - The New York Bee Gees Tribute Show, All of the classic 70s disco hits from Stayin’ Alive to Night Fever
- Thursday, August 6th - Last Child, Aerosmith Tribute Band
- Saturday, August 8th - Let’s Hang On, Americas #1 Frankie Valli Tribute Band
Performances are subject to change and will be held weather permitting. For additional information, call (516) 797-7925 or visit the Town’s website at: www.oysterbaytown.com.