Woodbury, NY - May 6, 2014 - Former U.S. Congressman Gary Ackerman will deliver remarks Thursday, May 8 at the sold-out 61st Annual Installation Dinner for the Nassau Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
More than 390 people are slated to attend the 6:30 p.m. event – whose theme is “Giving Back to Charity” – to be held at the Crest Hollow Country Club, 8325 Jericho Turnpike in Woodbury, N.Y.
Some 20 local charities – including the Long Island Community Foundation, Long Island Cares, Cooley’s Anemia Foundation, AHRC Nassau and LI GLBT Services Network among others - will receive donations from proceeds from the event which is expected to be attended by a diverse number of Long Island certified public accountants, accounting firms, banks, businesses and financial institutions.
The 2014-2015 Nassau Chapter officers – who will be sworn in at the dinner include:
- President – Robert Barnett, CPA, Esq.; of Capell Barnett Matalon & Schoenfeld LLP
- President-Elect – Philip H. Kanyuk, CPA; of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Vice President – Lynne M. Fuentes, CPA; of Lynne M. Fuentes, CPA
- Treasurer – Christine Hallahan, CPA; of Christine Hallahan, CPA
- Secretary – Anthony Basile, CPA; of Anthony Basile CPA, P.C.
The Nassau chapter is one of 15 chapters that comprise the New York State Society of CPAs, the premiere professional association for more than 28,000 certified public accountants residing and practicing in New York State, encompassing all areas of public practice, including in government, education, real estate, technology, healthcare and entertainment. Visit our website, www.nysscpa.org, for more information.