Town of Babylon, NY - March 2, 2017 - Suffolk County Police have arrested four people during New York State Liquor Authority inspections at Town of Babylon businesses.
Officers from the First Precinct Crime Section conducted an underage alcohol and tobacco check on March 1 at 11 businesses in the Town of Babylon.
The following were arrested for Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree and Prohibited Sale to a Person Under 21:
- Abdul Razzaq, 56, of Holbrook, who was employed at Flame Grocery, located at 500 Oak St., Copiague.
- John Gao, 28, of Flushing, who was employed at Citgo Gas, located at 195 West Hoffman Ave., Lindenhurst.
- Saqib Lal, 24, of East Meadow, who was employed at BP Gas Shop, located at 697 North Wellwood Ave., North Lindenhurst.
Iqbal Gulkhez, 31, of Central Islip, the owner of Flame Grocery, was charged with Alcohol Consumption on Premise without a License, a violation of ABC law.
All four were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following businesses complied with the New York State law and refused the sale of alcohol/tobacco to a minor:
- Channel Deli, located at 377 Oak Street, Copiague
- Ultra Gas, located at 571 Montauk Highway, Lindenhurst
- Conoco Gas, located at 500 Route 109, West Babylon
- Citgo Gas, located at 328 Route 109, West Babylon
- OK Petroleum, located at 755 Deer Park Ave., North Babylon
- Sunoco, located at 1000 Route 109, N. Lindenhurst
- Valero, located at 1200 Wellwood Ave., West Babylon
- Shell, located at 1160 Straight Path, West Babylon
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.