Uniondale, NY - February 25th, 2016 - PSEG Long Island was prepared for last night's rain and blustery winds, and performing system checks on critical transmission & distribution equipment and ensuring the availability of critical materials, fuel and other supplies.
A full complement of personnel has been on hand to deal with any outages caused by the predicted high winds and potential flooding. Contractors, including tree crews, will also be available to assist the utility’s own skilled workforce if necessary.
Although preparations were made in advance of the storm, thousands of Long Islanders are still without power as of Thursday morning due to downed powerlines, and other damage caused by last night's incredible winds.
PSEG Long Island is reporting about 19,226 of its approximately 1.1 million customers across Long Island and the Rockaways are currently without service as of 9:30 AM this morning.
The utility has restored service to more than 68,000 customers affected by the extreme weather yesterday and overnight.
- The utility has restored service to more than 68,000 customers affected by the extreme weather yesterday and overnight.
A significant storm with damaging winds impacted our service territory overnight. The high winds brought down trees, knocking down poles and wires with them, making the restoration jobs more complicated.
- Northern Nassau and the Town of Huntington were the hardest hit areas.
PSEG Long Island has a full complement of personnel on hand to deal with all customer outages. Contractors, including tree crews, will be available to assist the utility’s own skilled workforce.
- Our goal, always, is to restore power as quickly and safely as possible. We ask our customers for a fair amount of patience and to know we will be there as soon as possible.
Stay in touch and stay safe with PSEG Long Island:
To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Electric Service line at 1-800-490-0075
Utilize MyAlerts, PSEG Long Island’s text message service. Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454
To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
Check for updates using our outage map here.
- Like PSEG Long Island on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates. Remember, though, outages cannot be reported through social media.