FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON CCA
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of southern Connecticut, northeast New Jersey and
southeast New York, including the following areas, in southern
Connecticut, Northern Fairfield, Northern Middlesex, Northern New
Haven, Northern New London, Southern Fairfield, Southern
Middlesex, Southern New Haven and Southern New London. In
northeast New Jersey, Eastern Bergen, Eastern Essex, Eastern
Passaic, Eastern Union, Hudson, Western Bergen, Western Essex,
Western Passaic and Western Union. In southeast New York, Bronx,
Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Northeast Suffolk,
Northern Nassau, Northern Queens, Northern Westchester, Northwest
Suffolk, Orange, Putnam, Richmond (Staten Island), Rockland,
Southeast Suffolk, Southern Nassau, Southern Queens, Southern
Westchester and Southwest Suffolk.
* From this evening through Tuesday afternoon.
* A rapidly developing low pressure system south of Long Island will
likely produce heavy rainfall across the region. Rainfall totals
of 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
Rainfall rates may exceed one inch per hour at times.
* Heavy rain may produce areas of flash flooding.
SCPD: Melville Man Dies, Wife Hospitalized from Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Local News, Crime, Press Releases
Published: February 21 2019
Long Island News & PR
It is suspected that carbon monoxide was emitting from a detached fitting on a heating exhaust, police say.
SCPD report an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning incident in Melville.
Photo by: LI.com News Team
Melville, NY - February 21, 2019 - Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating an incident during which a man died and his wife was hospitalized due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Melville on Thursday, February 21.
Second Precinct police officers responded to a 911 call of a couple feeling ill, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning, at a residence on Scott Drive at approximately 8:30 a.m.
It is suspected that carbon monoxide was emitting from a detached fitting on a heating exhaust vent inside the residence.