LongIsland.com

SCPD: Melville Man Dies, Wife Hospitalized from Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Written by Long Island News & PR  |  21. February 2019

Melville, NY - February 21, 2019 - Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating an incident during which a man died and his wife was hospitalized due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Melville on Thursday, February 21.
 
Second Precinct police officers responded to a 911 call of a couple feeling ill, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning, at a residence on Scott Drive at approximately 8:30 a.m.
 
Stephen Yancofski, 55, a resident of the home, was transported by the Melville Fire Department to Plainview Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Wancofski’s wife, Kyriaki Bouziotas, 59, was transported to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow.
 
It is suspected that carbon monoxide was emitting from a detached fitting on a heating exhaust vent inside the residence.  
 

Copyright © 1996-2020 LongIsland.com & Long Island Media, Inc. All rights reserved.