Huntington, NY - February 5th, 2016 - Suffolk County Police have arrested three men in connection with damaging several businesses and vehicles in Huntington Village in November.
Following an investigation by Second Precinct Crime Section officers, which included an extensive area canvass, a review of video surveillance recordings and follow-ups on several anonymous tips, three men were identified in connection with spray-painting five cars and the following businesses during the early hours of November 26:
- Value Drugs, located at 349 New York Ave.
- Classic Galleries, located at 5 Stewart Ave.
- Gold Coast Lobsters, 30 Stewart Ave.
- Nassau X-Ray Corp., located at 37 Stewart Ave.
- Bravo Nader Restaurant, located at 9 Union Place
- IMS Online, Inc., located at 13 Union Place
- Stop and Shop, located at 60 Wall St.
- Building under construction, located at 50 Stewart Ave.
Drake Mandrell (pictured above), 27, of Queens, was arrested yesterday and charged with six counts of Criminal Mischief and six counts of Making Graffiti.
William Strein (pictured above), 21, of East Northport, was arrested on January 21 and charged with six counts of Criminal Mischief and six counts of Making Graffiti.
Francesco Volpe (not pictured), 18, of Huntington, was arrested on December 19 and charged with three counts of Criminal Mischief and three counts of Making Graffiti. The men will be arraigned in First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.
The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information about these incidents or similar incidents is asked to call the Second Precinct Crime Section at 631-854-8226 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.