International Exchange Students

rayofhope

International Exchange Students

01 Apr, 2012 8:39 p.m.

Hello everyone

I have a group of International students coming over to Long Island and have been searching for qualified host families for them to temporarily live with. They are fully screened, background checked, speak proficient English, and are very excited to learn about our culture and to share theirs as well. I'm from a non-profit hoping to spread global peace and understanding through cultural exchange. If you or someone you know may be able to host a student please feel free to contact me at any time. Thank you very much.

Christina 631-790-6907

amyg

Re:International Exchange Students

02 Apr, 2012 8:39 a.m.

Although I am not able to provide a room for an exchange student, I'd like to encourage others who are able to do so. I studied abroad for a semester in college and lived in a host's house. You learn and experience so much more than when you live abroad in student housing or temporary apartments with other students. Based on the relationship I still have with my host mother, I would say that the rewards go both ways, and host families usually have a blast learning from the exchange student as well.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog