To be or not to be... is assisted living for me?

cjbrandstrom

To be or not to be... is assisted living for me?

23 Jun, 2012 10:25 p.m.

Loneliness is the number one killer in seniors...
Well... not really, but it does contribute to decreased functionality, increased depression and a lackluster life in your later years. Is this the kind of life you want for yourself?

No way! I want an ice cream parlor, a spa and fitness program, beautiful gardens, group activities, lots of friends, independence and freedom to live my life...all while nursing care and safety are a mere few steps away. :)

Assisted living is the way to go for many seniors, offering safe, clean and enjoyable surroundings where they can continue the kind of life they really want to with all the amenities that make life worth living.

Affordable? Yup! There are plenty of options available on Long Island to make your golden years truly golden, and worry free... no stress over paying utilities, cleaning the house or mowing the lawn. It's all done for you and you just have to sit back, relax, and enjoy your friends and family. Check out these great options right here on Long Island.

AdeleCjoy

Re:To be or not to be... is assisted living for me?

29 Jun, 2012 5:07 p.m.

One of the best assisted living places in my neighborhood is Gurwin... a very clean and reputable place.

A large place with lots of beautiful gardens and amenities. They even drive you around in a town car for local appointments and have all kinds of activities to do in groups. Very cool place... it's like being on vacation! But not sure how much it costs...

AdeleCjoy

29 Jun, 2012 5:13 p.m.

Another place that I know is quite affordable and is a great asset to the community on Long Island is McPeaks in Patchogue.

Originally founded by two RN's, they have been open for over 50 years. They converted an old mansion into an assisted living residence and offer a wonderful, tight knit community residence for seniors and include the cost of food, personal care, even haircuts into the cost. I've heard rave reviews. They have had numerous 100 and over birthday parties for their residents...so they must be doing something right!

cjbrandstrom

09 Jul, 2012 8:08 p.m.

I heard that McPeaks was good, kind of like a big home full of friends ... thanks for the input :)

cjbrandstrom

27 Jul, 2012 10:38 a.m.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or have you heard of an assisted living choice that stands above the rest on Long Island? Please let me know if you do! Thanks
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog