Favorite Winery on Long Island?

cjbrandstrom

Favorite Winery on Long Island?

16 Jul, 2012 4:08 p.m.

There are tons of things to do on Long Island, but one of my favorite is touring and going for tastings at the wineries on the east end. I've been to quite a few over the years, but I'm always looking for new places and great wine. It's a fun day trip and I usually bring a picnic basket and a couple of good friends and do a few tastings.

What is your favorite Long Island vineyard?
Favorite Long Island wine?
Any places that stand above the rest, have fun things to do or social events?
Talk to me! Thanks :)

AdeleCjoy

Re:Favorite Winery on Long Island?

18 Jul, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Yum! I love Macari Vineyards... great Sauvignon Blanc and the Early Wine is good too. (white)

A few friends of mine said they love Corey Creek and Bedell... I have to go check them out this year.

I really like Martha Clara for fun outdoors events, music, festivals and art shows. I like one of their white wines in particular... I think it's #48 or something? I can never remember the names of stuff...but I know the label on sight! :)

Pindar has a big outdoor area in the back and has free entertainment in a large covered deck/veranda...you can bring your own picnic basket and open a bottle of wine and just chill out. I love their Cabernet Franc...

cjbrandstrom

21 Jul, 2012 10:19 a.m.

I've also heard that Peconic Bay is quite the party with a live band and an interesting crowd... ;)

I've gone to the Martha Clara oyster festival where they had an art show and a petting zoo last year... and I have heard that they have a lobster bake as well, which I definitely have to check out. Another friend of mine says she likes Pindar's wine and Martha Clara's ambiance...

AdeleCjoy

13 Aug, 2012 5:28 p.m.

Corey Creek is having a Toys For Tots fundraiser event Saturday 8/18/12 from 6pm to 9pm. The $30 ticket gives back to kids in our local community and includes wine, finger foods and entertainment... should be fun!
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog