Best Yoga Studios on Long Island

cjbrandstrom

Best Yoga Studios on Long Island

20 Apr, 2012 2:53 p.m.

There is nothing like that calm refreshed and revitalized feeling you get after a great yoga workout. I've been practicing yoga for a while now and have found quite a few yoga studios on Long Island over the years. Some are better than others, of course. I have recently found one that I'm just completely in love with. This little shop on Main Street in Bellport Village that just opened their doors this spring.

I attended the open house and was very impressed. When you walk in it feels like you are walking into a cozy living room with couches and a few yoga related items for sale. In the studio area, beautiful bamboo floors and a sheer fabric wrapped ceiling with little white lights create an ambiance of peace and tranquility.

The business is a cooperative of local Long Island small business owners and offers a wide range of services from massage therapy to meditation classes. They have even connected with a local paddle board company (a young couple who makes them by hand right here on Long Island) and they now offer paddle boards and lessons on the south shore bay and canals.

I love that they offer a way for local businesses to join in and get involved with the community. You may even run into a celebrity or two who are known to attend yoga classes there...

Have any of you found any great local yoga or mind and body businesses on Long Island? Has anyone been to this yoga studio in Bellport?
I would love to check out more local hotspots, so please share your favorites!

gfrost

Re:Best Yoga Studios on Long Island

21 Apr, 2012 11:18 a.m.

I really enjoy Inner Spirit Yoga in East Northport. Roni is a very sweet woman and a great instructor. A friend took her belly dancing classes and loved it.

cjbrandstrom

02 May, 2012 4:19 p.m.

I used to go to this amazing yoga studio overlooking Port Jefferson Harbor...but they've moved, I believe.

This looks really interesting... will have to check this out. I've never heard of "Yogalates" :)

cjbrandstrom

09 Jul, 2012 8:11 p.m.

Have you ever tried this Reiki Meditation stuff?... I'm curious.

cjbrandstrom

08 Aug, 2012 3:29 p.m.

A friend of mine swears by a small yoga studio on Main Street in Sayville... it's right at the end of Lakeland Avenue on the second floor there.

She's been going there for quite a few years now and says the classes are a nice size and the instructors are very good. I have yet to check it out, though...
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog