Favorite Fire Island bar?

AdeleCjoy

Favorite Fire Island bar?

25 Apr, 2012 1:18 p.m.

If you've never been to Fire Island off the south shore of Long Island, you are definitely missing out on an amazing time! The ferry ride to the Ocean Beach area is out of Bay Shore... about 30 minutes or so, or you can get there by boat. Just don't miss the last ferry and get stranded! It usually leaves at 2am on the weekends.

Last summer I spent some time over in Ocean Beach known for it's lively nightlife and hopping late night bar scene. A few bands play at the Sand Bar right on the main strip there...and they crank out these amazing "Rocket Fuel" pina coladas made with 151 Rum... whew! Those are potent!

What is your favorite Fire Island town and bar?
Looking to check out some new places this summer... Thanks!

cjbrandstrom

Re:Favorite Fire Island bar?

02 May, 2012 2:24 p.m.

I love CJ's in Ocean Beach...laid back place with dart boards and a pool table. They make a pretty good burger and an amazing lobster roll. They clear the tables out later on and make way for dancing... I have always had SO much fun there!

...and I think they were the ones who came up with the original Rocket Fuel... it's amazing!

gfrost

14 May, 2012 9:44 a.m.

I haven't been to Fire Island yet :( Hopefully I'll be able to make a trip this summer, finally. I'll make sure to check CJ's out too.

cjbrandstrom

15 May, 2012 2:45 p.m.

Wow...definitely check it out. Fun times! Just be sure to designate a driver or have someone drop you off/pick you up at the ferry terminal. It's crazy how quick those drinks creep up on you! :)

I'm looking forward to trying out the new Surfs Out at Kismet this year...they've renovated and now have outdoor cabanas (you can reserve for parties)... I hear they are serving up some AH-Mazing Sushi over there...! Of course, there is a great bar and indoor and outdoor seating as well. If you take your boat over you can dock it at the Kismet Marina and get a discount/credit if you show them your receipt from Surfs Out.

It's the first of the fire island towns, so you can also just head east and walk there (a few miles) from parking field 5 at Robert Moses Beach.

gfrost

16 May, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Good drinks AND sushi?! I'm coming to you for all my dining recommendation needs! lol

Sophia

20 Jun, 2012 8:30 a.m.

Wrecked from the trials and tribulations of the Ocean Beach nightlife? It happens to the best of us, but you’re in luck. Here’s your go to bar hop, so you can avoid fist pumping your way through the wrong scene. Party like a local…
Night life clubs venue

AdeleCjoy

21 Jun, 2012 9:29 p.m.

I love Cherry Grove.. it's so accepting and open there...everyone is so nice :)
I love the gays...what can I say ;) They are cool people.
The pizza place there is AMAZING! Seriously the best pizza on Long Island.

I love hanging out at the ocean front restaurant/bar... I think it's called Jumping Jacks...
right on the water and some great food and drinks.

And I love the Island Breeze for brunch/breakfast/lunch... really great food there!
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog