Easter Weekend Fun.

CaitR

Easter Weekend Fun.

09 Apr, 2012 3:44 p.m.

I always enjoy Holiday Weekends - friends and family are back in town, and there never seems to be a shortage of great meals and things to do.

Saturday, I headed out to Calverton Shooting Range with some friends that were in town for the weekend, where I shot a gun for the first time. It was a ton of fun, even though I managed to get quite the bruise on my arm from the recoil. I was excited that I was able to hit the one of the clay targets - that made the bruise seem secondary and unimportant.

Sunday, I went out with my family for Easter Brunch at the Venetian Yacht Club in Babylon - it was great to have my brother back in town, and spend the morning and early afternoon with my family. Later on, I headed over to my boyfriend's house, where we spent time with his family - who gaped in horror at my bruise from the gun range - especially after we explained that I got it learning how to shoot.

I'm hoping the great weather keeps up and that I can go experience more outdoor fun next weekend. How was everyone's Easter Weekend?

gfrost

Re:Easter Weekend Fun.

09 Apr, 2012 4:55 p.m.

My Easter weekend was fairly uneventful. I ran a lot of errands Saturday and then relaxing outside, listening to some records I picked up at Record Reserve in East Northport. I walked into town with some friends to a pizza place for dinner and we watched movies afterwards.

I spent the majority of Sunday reading while my dad and his girlfriend spent Sunday weeding the garden while also cooking of a leg of lamb with potatoes and asparagus. They poked holes into the lamb and then stuffed the holes with a myriad of herbs (rosemary, thyme, mint, parsley and a few others). The potatoes were roasted in some light spices and olive oil. It was absolutely delicious. I didn't try the asparagus but I assume it was just as tasty as the rest of the meal.

Cruzer

10 Apr, 2012 9:15 p.m.

Saturday was pretty uneventful- worked most of the day and got some frozen yogurt with a couple friends- but Sunday was great. We had a good chunk of the family over for an early dinner featuring homemade manicotti and a rich tomato sauce simmered to perfection over the course of three days. Our traditional Easter oranges (a slice of orange topped with mozzarella, ricotta and a black olive) are always a favorite. It sounds like a weird combination of flavors when you look at it on paper, but they really come together well.

EPemily

11 Apr, 2012 11:48 a.m.

My family did manicotti too. I'd like to try an Easter Orange. Sounds so interesting.

Cruzer

12 Apr, 2012 9:05 p.m.

They are pretty awesome. Looks like I forgot to mention the slice of salami between the orange and the cheese, though.

Christian

12 Apr, 2012 9:32 p.m.

My Easter was pretty Italian as well, but we finished it off with my grandma's lamb cake. It's not what it might sound like, it's just a pound cake molded in the shape of a lamb and coated in a thick chocolate, shell-like frosting. It really shouldn't be anything fancy, but whatever she does to that cake is unbelievable.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog