Long Island is a great place to be, especially during Christmastime. The houses lining the streets are all lit up with holiday lights, decorations can be seen displayed all over people’s front lawns, and there may even be some snow on the ground. In addition to Long Island being beautiful to look at during the holidays, Long Island also has many interesting landmarks to look at and visit.
Long Island is home to many iconic and quirky landmarks, landmarks that are mostly only known to Long Islanders themselves. This holiday season take some fun, and unique, pictures incorporating these landmarks! Then you can share them with your friends and family and show off some of Long Island that they've never seen before! Don’t forget to deck yourself out in holiday colors, Santa hats and maybe even Rudolph’s red nose.
- The Montauk Point Lighthouse – This is the oldest lighthouse in New York State, why wouldn’t you want to incorporate it into your holiday photo!
- Grumman Memorial Park in Calverton – The perfect spot to take a few holiday pictures for your Aviation or History lover!
- Fire Island Lighthouse – This beautiful lighthouse is a sight to behold and will look great in the background of your holiday photo. You could even take a tour afterwards!
- The Big Duck in Flanders – This large, quirky bird is not only adorable but would make a great addition to a funny Christmas photo.
- The Smithtown Bull – This regal looking bull would look great with a Santa hat atop his head! Place one on his head and he will match everyone else in your group!
What are some other fun local landmarks around Long Island that would be great for taking silly holiday photos with? Do you have any ideas? Let us know in the comments below!