Another tradition during St. Patrick's Day is the consumption of corned beef and cabbage. In Ireland, corned beef was considered a rich man's dish. To be clear, corned beef and cabbage is not a traditional Irish dish; it is an Irish-American dish. The original dish included bacon and cabbage, but corned beef was used as a substitute at one time and now it has become traditional!
Definitely check out these locations and events when looking to enjoy corned beef and cabbage!
- St. Patrick's Day Dinner Party - Middle Country Hibernian Cultural Center - Selden - March 16
- St. Patrick's Day Dinner - Holy Trinity Lutheran Church - Bellerose - March 16
- Phat Daddy's St. Patrick's Day Celebration - Phat Daddy's Irish Pub - Long Island - March 17
Enjoy Corned Beef anytime at:
After your enjoy your corned beef and cabbage, be sure to check out the local bars! These are only a few of the many great bars here on Long Island.
- Phat Daddy's Irish Pub - Oceanside
- Shandon Court - East Islip
- Mr. Beery's - Bethpage
- Vintage25 Wine Bar & - Woodbury
- Rockwell's Bar & Grill - Smithtown
- Miller's Ale House - Deer Park
- Off Key Tikki Bar - Patchogue
- Blackstone Steakhouse - Melville
- Rare650 - Syosset
- Skipper's Pub - Northport
- John Harvard's Brew House - Lake Grove
- Black Forest Haus - Farmingdale
- Brick House Brewery - Patchogue
So check out a bar this weekend and be sure to stay safe!
How are you celebrating St. Patrick's Day?
Share your favorite Bars & St. Patty's Day Hot Spots below!