The Craft & Hobby Association is an international not-for-profit organization who promotes the creation and sale of crafts. They have made March National Craft Month to promote the creation of crafts by stores or stores providing events for craft making.
Crafts can vary. Crafts can be function, like a coat rack or for decoration by a soda can plane. You can use new materials or you can make something old into something new. This is called upcycling, a new recycling craze were one takes something useless and makes it something useful.
In any way you enjoy crafts, either by making or buying, to sure to take part in any crafting event going on this March. Check out the different events below!
- DIY St. Patrick's Welcome Plaque - Patchogue-Medford Library - March 4th
- Crafts with Rinette - Patchogue-Medford Library - March 8th
- Bags for Babies - Bay Shore-Brightwaters Library - Every Wednesday Through March 19th
- Kids Art - Robert E. Reid Sr. Recreation Center - Every Wednesday Through March 26th
- Kids Can Crochet - Patchogue-Medford Library - All Sundays in March
- Toddler Arts and Crafts Program - Town of Oyster Bay Ice Skating Center - Mondays & Thursdays Through April 3rd
- Student Art Festival: Part II - Guild Hall - Every Saturday & Sunday through April 20th
- Anderson Center - Annual Spring Craft Fair - Rockville Centre - March 9th
- Special Discount Days at Glen Craft Boutique - Glen Head - Wednesday/Thursdays
- Broadway Mall Craft & Gift Fair - Hicksville - March 19th - 23rd
- Craft and Gift Fair - Massapequa - March 21st & 22nd
- West School Vendor and Craft Fair - Long Beach - March 2nd
If you're interested in doing some fun crafts at home, check out our spring projects suitable for adults and children.
How will you celebrate National Craft Month? Are you crafty?
Tell us in the comments below!