How was Your St. Patrick's Day?

CaitR

How was Your St. Patrick's Day?

20 Mar, 2012 11:14 a.m.

How was your St. Patty's Day Weekend? What type of excitement has everyone been up to?

Friday night, I went out to Port Royal in Islip, for some pirate themed drinks & food - not the traditional Irish celebration, but it was a ton of fun. There was a good crowd, good food, and of course green beer.

On St. Patty's Day, I headed over to J&R's Steakhouse for their lunch specials with a free pint of beer, and then walked down to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather - a laid back start to the holiday.

That evening, instead of heading back out for a night on the town, we had a small get together at my Dad's house to watch the Leprechaun movie marathon on SyFy - what started as a night of food & fun also quickly turned into a night filled with laughter as I played bartender, and we watched some of the funniest "B" Horror Movies around. The unintentional hilarity of the movies (including a villain who only speaks in threatening limerick poems) lead to a night of drinking games, shamrock jokes, and all-around amusement. Not a typical St. Patrick's Day, but a spirited celebration none the less.

How did you celebrate this year, Long Island? Go out, stay in? Start a new tradition?

Cruzer

Re:How was Your St. Patrick's Day?

20 Mar, 2012 5:15 p.m.

I kept things pretty quiet this year. My family celebrated my brother's birthday two days late (which is starting to become a tradition of sorts), so we topped off the normal corned beef, cabbage, and soda bread with my mom's coco apple cake. After that I just knocked back a few beers with friends- nothing terribly exciting, but I enjoyed it.

gfrost

Re:How was Your St. Patrick's Day?

21 Mar, 2012 1:42 p.m.

I went to Shamrocks in Huntington Bay with some friends. It was a relaxed night as we had almost the entire dining section of the bar to ourselves. Thought one of our friends went around glitter-bombing everyone with green glitter. Some people weren't to happy about that but it was a goodnight overall.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog