Favorite Long Island Music Venues?

GretchenFrost

Favorite Long Island Music Venues?

10 Feb, 2012 1:39 p.m.

The Downtown has been gone for a few years now and recently we lost the Crazy Donkey, a local favorite. Though a handful of music venues still remain and seem to be thriving, my question to my fellow Long Islanders is what local music venues have mad their way to your favorite spots to check out live music on the Island?

CaitR

Re:Favorite Long Island Music Venues?

10 Feb, 2012 7:20 p.m.

Make sure to check out the Nightlife Section of the site - there's all sorts of different Long Island events and venues listed.

Additionally, make sure to check back in our Hot Spots Column in the Article Section for twice weekly updates on all the fun evening happenings around Long Island.

gfrost

01 Mar, 2012 10:49 a.m.

I'm a big fan of Mr. Beery's.

blackhawk6164

09 Mar, 2012 6:28 p.m.

The paramount in Huntington picked up where the donkey left off in my opinion with rock and punk shows. Also Ollie's point and parodies pub(levittown) has some good local bands.

CaitR

11 Mar, 2012 4:14 p.m.

I'm supposed to be going to The Paramount tonight - I'll make sure to update with how the venue is!

cjbrandstrom

24 Apr, 2012 12:23 p.m.

I miss the Downtown! :( I've recently been to Port Jazz in Port Jefferson for some live music. Pretty good venue on the second floor...and wow that place was packed! Just watch out on those stairs when you leave there if you've had a few drinks!

I just saw a show at the Paramount in Huntington on my birthday weekend. I had never been there before. I was impressed! It has a funky vibe throughout. The ceilings and walls had some amazing and edgy artwork throughout and the bartenders were great "mix-ologists". I had a great time and am looking forward to heading back there for another show next month.

Brixton

25 Apr, 2012 10:17 a.m.

I'm going to the Paramount to see Primus next month. I can't wait to check that place out.

EPemily

16 May, 2012 5:04 p.m.

I really like The Vibe Lounge. I even made a post about it over here. It's small but holds a great sound.

cjbrandstrom

17 May, 2012 9:36 a.m.

I've never heard about the Vibe Lounge.. gotta check that out. I'm a huge music fan.
Another local place I've seen some really decent shows is at Mulcahy's in Wantagh. I saw Sevendust play there... great show!
Big place. The down side is it can be rough to get to the bar to get a drink when a show is going on... the place gets so packed out for the good shows! :) On the plus side, It is right at the Wantagh train station, so it's easy to take the train there and not have to drive.

gfrost

17 May, 2012 1:55 p.m.

Vibe Lounge is the same deal - essentially in the same parking lot as the Rockville Centre train station. That's the best way to do it. I'll have to check out Mulcahy's. I've heard good things about it as a music venue. As a bar... meh.
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog