Paddleboarding Lessons?

cjbrandstrom

Paddleboarding Lessons?

17 May, 2012 4:25 p.m.

I love being out on the water...whether it is in a boat, on a ferry, or on a jetski or wetbike. I've recently tried kayaking and found it to be a great workout and calming in a meditative way... probably because there is no motor involved except your very own arms. :)

I've recently heard that paddle boarding is the newest trend in outdoor activities and is a great workout to boot! I am dying to give it a whirl... I heard that this place has them for sale and is offering lessons on the south shore.

Has anyone else heard of other local watersports or activites that I can check out this summer? Please post if you know of any other...Thanks!

ohanders

Re:Paddleboarding Lessons?

17 May, 2012 4:31 p.m.

I'm not sure of any other local watersports but if you enjoy kayaking you should take a trip down the Carman's River. I've heard it's an excellent trip.

AdeleCjoy

Re:Paddleboarding Lessons?

20 May, 2012 12:26 p.m.

I've heard about Carman's River and that it's a great trip. There is also a yoga/kayaking group who gets together at Connequot State park... I met a gentleman there when I took this picture a few months ago and he told me all about it.

They've just opened up a bunch of state park beaches and allowed paddleboarding this year. I think Orient point and Hecksher State park allowed it last year and this year portions of Jones Beach, Robert Moses and Montauk Point (at Hither Hills and Shadmoor).
I think you can windsurf in some of those areas as well...
Advertisement
Advertise With Us

Open Feedback Dialog