Looking for a fun way to get into the holiday spirit, and maybe even break a sweat? Why not enjoy a day at one of Long Island's Indoor Ice Rinks! Throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, there are tons of Indoor Ice Rinks where you can skate the day away - whether you're a complete newcomer, or you've been lacing up skates since you were little.
Ice skating has been a favorite past time of locals for generations - from skating around Rockefeller Center's Christmas Tree in New York City, to grabbing brooms and a ball, and heading down to the local lake for a round of ice hockey. Luckily for Long Islanders, there are plenty of indoor skating rinks which provide a safe skating enviroment that's close to home! Many of the rinks also offer ice skate rental, blade sharpening, and even lessons if you need some help getting good out there on the ice.
If you're thinking of going ice skating this Winter, here's where you need to head:
- The Rinx, Hauppauge
- Superior Ice Rink, Kings Park
- Dix Hills Park Ice Rink, Dix Hills
- Iceworks Ice Rink, Syosset
- Twin Rinks Ice Center, East Meadow
- Newbridge Ice Arena, Bellmore
- Andrew Stergiopoulos Ice Rink, Great Neck
- Iceland Ice Rink, New Hyde Park
- Port Washington Skating Center, Port Washington
- Cantiague Park Ice Rink, Hicksville
- Freeport Rec Center Ice Rink, Freeport
What's your favorite local ice rink, Long Island?
Let us know in the comments below!
Photo by Amy Palm, via Free Images.