While going out for a walk by yourself is enjoyable, having a furry, four-legged friend along with you is even more enjoyable - for the both parties involved! From designated parks just for dogs, to beaches that allow dogs, to local parks who offer runs for dogs, there are many different places on the Island to bring your canine companion.
- Keep your dog on a leash unless you are in a designated off-leash area
- Be courteous by cleaning up after your dog
- Always stay close and keep an eye on your dog
- For your dog’s safety and the safety of the other dogs, never bring a dog who hasn’t been vaccinated to a dog park
- Sick dogs should be kept at home until they are completely healed
- Pay attention to your dog’s behaviors. If they are being aggressive towards other dogs a dog park is not the place for them. If they seem tired and dehydrated have them take a water break or cool-off break in an air conditioned vehicle