Ridge & Middle Island, NY - December 22, 2015 - On Monday December 21st, 2015 the New York State Police Barracks in Riverside conducted an Underage Drinker Enforcement Operation in the Town of Brookhaven. During the operation, four retail establishments were cited for selling alcoholic beverages to an undercover State Police operative.
Arrested and charged with Unlawful Dealing with a Child in the Second degree and Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage were:
- James R. Bonti, 66, of Shirley, a clerk at Country Deli on Middle Country Rd. in Ridge.
- Saeed Alam, 53, of Medford, a clerk at 7-Eleven on Middle Country Rd. in Ridge.
- Grazyna Podniesinska, 59, of West Babylon, owner of Gram Wine & Liquors on Middle Country Rd. in Middle Island.
- Muhammad Gulzar, 32, of Middle Island, a clerk at Shell on Middle Country Rd. in Middle Island.
The defendants were issued appearance tickets returnable to Suffolk County First District Court at a later date.
Also checked and found to be in compliance were:
- BP Gas Mart – Middle Country Rd. in Ridge
- Harvest Moon Deli – Middle Country Rd. in Ridge.
- Father & Son Wine & Liquor - Middle Country Rd. in Middle Island.
- BP Gas Mart – Middle Country Rd. in Middle Island.