Plainview, NY - October 21, 2016 - The founders of the Long Island’s Fight for Charity (LIFFC), one of Long Island’s largest and most anticipated charity networking events, hosted a Boxer Matchup Reception on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at Carlyle At The Palace in Plainview where volunteer boxers from across Long Island learned who their opponents are in the 13th Main Event taking place on Monday, November 21, 2016. A crowd of over 200 friends, family members, fans, sponsors and committee members gathered at this exciting program and network event.
The boxers, after months of preparation, fundraising and training, were anxious to know who they would be facing in the ring at the 13th Main Event, which will take place at the Hilton Long Island in Melville and will feature nine bouts with boxers representing the Long Island business communities. Boxers will go toe-to-toe on the canvas for three sanctioned rounds.
“The Matchup Reception is the final step for our boxers as they near the completion of their training and preparations for the 2016 Main Event. It is also a key moment during our year for our boxers and our organization as we take a moment to reflect on our mission, which is to raise money to help others living in our Long Island community who are in need and the positive impact our efforts will have on their lives,” said Jamie Austin, co-founder LIFFC.
The 13th Long Island Fight for Charity is attracting attention from the media and Long Island’s business community. Local businesses and professional firms sponsoring this year’s 13th Main Event include: Farrell Fritz, P.C., PricewaterhouseCoopers, HTJ Construction Co. Corp., Stiegelbauer Associates, Switchboard Technologies, Teachers Federal Credit Union, Sir Speedy – Westbury, Melville and Hauppauge and Carlyle On The Green.
Proceeds from this unique and popular Long Island Fight for Charity fundraiser are donated to the Long Island Community Chest, The Genesis School and the National Foundation for Human Potential. Long Island Fight for Charity has donated over $1 million to Long Island charities since its founding in 2003. This event is expected to sell out and break previous records.
The volunteer boxers representing the Long Island business community to be featured in the 13th Main Event are:
- Elena “Black Widow” Lardizzone of Huntington Station and Registered Nurse for Winthrop University Hospital vs. Gayatrri “Lady Gaya” Musraca of Huntington and the Lead Quality Assurance Analyst for Broadridge Financial Solutions in Edgewood, NY
- Mohammed “The Furious Fire” Ali of the Bronx and Technician with The Mobile Spa in Woodbury vs. Abraham “Ace of Spade” Ahmed of Shirley (not permitted to disclose where Ahmed works or what he does)
- Dave “The Demolisher” Compitello of West Islip and Manager at Servpro North Huntington vs. Ray “The Punisher” Rivera of Central Islip and a Chef at Lessing’s at Timber Point Country Club in Great River
- Frank “The Hacker Attacker” Bravata of Ronkonkoma and President of Exceptional Tech Support vs. John “The Fighting Fiduciary” Redican of Bellmore and Managing Director at FIC Capital in New York City
- Dr. Ron “The Mazzacutioner” Mazza of Northport and Owner and Director of Chiro Sport Rehabilitation Center vs. Michael “The Bayville Bomber” Bednar of Bayville and Owner of Catering by Michael in Bayville
- William “Willy Knuckles” Chimienti of Smithtown and Sales Executive at Doctor Print - Konica Minolta in Hauppauge vs. Tom “The Schorr Thing” Schorr of Huntington and Project Manager at W.J. Northridge Construction Corp. of Hauppauge
- Edison “The Controller” Lucero of Bay Shore and Assistant Manager in Controls Department at Guaranteed Returns in Holbrook vs. Landon “Lights Out Litigator” Dais of NYC and Associate Attorney at Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana, LLP in Uniondale
- Edgar “The Bruiser” Montenegro of Lattingtown and a Financial Advisor at Long Island Metro-Mass Mutual in Syosset vs. Jason “The Defender” Russo of Bay Shore and Owner of Law Office of Jason Russo in Bay Shore
- Jeff “The Tasmanian Devil” Goldstein of Middle Island and a Fraud Investigator for Travelers Insurance vs. (TBA- we hope to know this soon but may take several days)
Tickets for the 13th Main Event are available online. VIP Tickets (reserved seating) are $250; General Admission Tickets are $135. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and boxing matches begin at 6:30 p.m. For sponsorship information or to purchase tickets, visit www.lifightforcharity.org or call (877) 240-7821.