Long Island, NY - September 1, 2015 - MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early-afternoon trains from Penn Station on Friday, September 4, for customers planning an early getaway for the Labor Day weekend. There will be four extra Babylon trains, three extra Port Jefferson Branch trains, and one extra train on the Ronkonkoma, Port Washington and Far Rockaway branches.
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Friday, September 4
- 2:22 p.m. train from Penn Station, express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 2:32 p.m. train from Penn Station, express to Lynbrook, and then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 p.m. train from Penn stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 p.m. train from Penn Station express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
Port Jefferson Branch (to Hicksville and Huntington)
- 2:08 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:26 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
- 1:40 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville and all stops to Ronkonkoma.
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck)
- 3:40 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, and then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 p.m. express from Penn Station to Locust Manor, then all local stops to Far Rockaway
Weekend Schedule for Saturday & Sunday, September 5-6
On Saturday, September 5 and Sunday, September 6 the Long Island Rail Road will be operating on a Weekend Schedule.
Holiday Schedule for Labor Day, Monday, September 7
On Labor Day, Monday, September 1, the LIRR will operate on a regular Holiday Schedule.
Montauk Branch Travel Advisory for the Labor Day Weekend
Montauk Branch customers should know that the LIRR’s four extra summer eastbound trains on the Friday before Labor Day. Those trains are the 1:43 p.m. from Penn Station connecting at Jamaica for the Montauk train, the 1:48 p.m. from Hunterspoint Ave. Station in Long Island City, the 4:06 p.m. Cannonball from Penn Station and the 5:09 p.m. from Penn Station
On Labor, Monday, September 7, westbound afternoon Montauk trains that usually operate on summer Sundays will instead run on Monday only. Those trains are: 1:31 p.m. departure from Montauk, the 3:08 p.m. departure from Bridgehampton, the 4 p.m. departure from Montauk, the 6:37 p.m. (Cannonball West) departure from Montauk and the 8:36 p.m. from Montauk The regular Monday only westbound train leaving Montauk at 7:01 a.m. will instead operate on Tuesday morning, September 8.
For Additional Information
For additional information, customers should go to here where they can sign up for the LIRR Train Time app and the LIRR’s free service alerts. Customers can also contact The LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and saying: Long Island Rail Road. If you are hearing impaired, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.