North Amityville, NY - July 25th, 2013 - Suffolk County Police First Precinct officers assisted in the rescue of a mother and her two children who were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in North Amityville today.
A man was driving on Parkway Avenue, when he noticed his wife and two children were apparently losing consciousness, at approximately 3:55 p.m. A 22-month-old boy and 8-month-old boy were in car seats in the back. Members from the East Farmingdale Fire Department administered oxygen on the victims and a Good Samaritan assisted by breathing into one of the children’s mouth.
The vehicle, a 1999 Mitsubishi appeared to have an exhaust problem and tested high for carbon monoxide. The East Farmingdale Fire Department transported the victims to a local hospital. The victims were conscious and alert. The father went to the hospital and is also being checked out.
The car was impounded for a safety check. The incident appears non-criminal.
|Incident:||Mom and Two Children Sent to Hospital with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning|
|Location:||North Amityville, NY|
|Date/Time:||Thursday, July 25, 2013 at approximately 3:55 p.m.|