Central Islip, NY - July 21, 2015 - Buses will replace train service between Brentwood and Ronkonkoma this coming weekend as the Long Island Rail Road installs a new rail crossing at Carleton Avenue in Central Islip. The changeover to bus service begins after the last train arrives in Ronkonkoma at 12:37 a.m. on Saturday, July 25 and continues until 1:15 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, when normal train service resumes. Customers should allow extra travel time westbound and eastbound.
- Customers board a bus at Ronkonkoma or Central Islip up to 31 minutes earlier than normal train departure time for a shuttle trip to Brentwood, where westbound train service will resume.
- Travelers from stations east of Ronkonkoma will board their regular trains. At Ronkonkoma, they will board buses for Hicksville, which will make stops at stations Central Islip through Bethpage only upon request. At Hicksville train service will resume to points west.
- On Saturday and Sunday, the 10:05 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. westbound trains from Ronkonkoma will originate at Farmingdale with no bus service from Ronkonkoma.
- Customers should expect up to 40 minutes additional travel time, depending on destination.
- Customers will travel by train as far as Brentwood and there board buses to complete the journey to Central Islip or Ronkonkoma.
- Greenport trains will have bus service as part of their travel. Eastbound customers will detrain at Brentwood and transfer to shuttle buses stopping at Central Islip and Ronkonkoma, where connecting Greenport train service resumes, some on adjusted schedules.
- On Saturday only, the 4:32 p.m., 5:32 p.m. and 6:32 p.m. eastbound trains from Penn Station will terminate at Farmingdale with no bus service to Ronkonkoma.
For More Information
Customers are advised to consult the Special Timetable/Ronkonkoma Branch Weekend Special Timetable for Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26 available at terminal and local stations or view the special timetable here