Bay Shore, NY - January 17th, 2014 - Third Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an initiative into the sale of cigars to underage patrons at thirty businesses and six were found to be in violation. The cigars, referred to as blunts on the street, are commonly used to roll marijuana cigarettes.
The following people were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor 2nd Degree:
- Rajib Dey, 27, employed by Citgo, 1050 Udall Road, Bay Shore
- Laig Sheikh, 44, employed by BP, 1672 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Harpeet Singh, 27, employed by Express Gas, 1034 Islip Ave., Brentwood
- Marghoobul Haque, 43, employed by Valero, 1692 Union Blvd., Bay Shore
- Marcos Pinto, 54, owner of Lucy and Marcos Deli, 87 Brook Ave., Bay Shore
- Ceren Akkaya, 18, employed by Delta Gas, 305 Union Blvd., West Islip
The above people were issued a Field Appearance Ticket and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Incident: Six People Arrested for Selling Cigars to a Minor
Location: Bay Shore, Brentwood and West Islip
Date/Time: January 16, 2014, between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.