George E. Reynolds designed this 18-hole private golf club in the late 1920s. At that time, there were only nine holes and the association was called Harbor Hills Country Club. For a short time, it was converted into polo fields. Eventually, golf won out and A.W. Tillinghast reworked the first holes and added nine more. The depression took its toll, but in 1940, the club was reformed as Sands Point Golf Club. Since then, Robert Trent Jones, Frank J. Duane and Stephen Kay have all contributed to the excellent layout members and their guests enjoy today. The course is 6,644 yards in length and 71 in par value. It has a rating of 72.2 and a slope of 127. Complete with water hazards on two holes and tree-lined fairways, the rolling terrain contains subtle back-to-front sloping, many deep greenside bunkers, tight landing areas and small greens. Primarily a men’s club, the small membership enjoys a strong fraternal atmosphere. There is also a skeet facility on the property.