Hay is simply dried grass that is stored for feeding animals on a farm. However, starting in Kansas, hay rides have become popular and part of who we are as a country. All over the United States, people are enjoying hayrides as a yearly tradition...and corn mazes too.
hay rides consists of people sitting in a open truck or pulled by a truck in a wagon or sleigh. Generally hayrides include pumpkin picking which is another great fall activity.
Now, there are even haunted hay rides! It is very convenient that hay rides and Halloween fall at the same time of year. So, check out at least one this fall.
- F&W Schmitt's Family Farm in Melville
- Boo at the Zoo in the Bronx
- Elwood Pumpkin Farm in Huntington
- Glover Farms U-Pick Pumpkin and Corn Maze in Brookhaven
- Greenland Family Farms in Cutchogue
- Lewin Farms in Calverton
Haunted Hay Rides
- Benner's Farm Pumpkin Picking & Haunted Hay Rides in East Setauket
- Eisenhower Parks' Haunted House in East Meadow
- Baiting Halloween in Calverton
What type of hay ride do you like? Will you try a haunted one this year? Tell us in the comments below!