Labor Day weekend is the unofficial end of the summer. There are still a lot of fun things to do as a day trip or staycation. This the perfect time to soak up the last of the late summer freedom with some family fun! Traveling as a family definitely has its complications, but nothing is as sure to build family memories as the trips you take together. Whether it's the favorite times or the funny mishaps, family vacations are times to learn, explore and grow closer together. Keeping the destination a secret or giving clues along the way make for extra fun. Think about having sing-a-longs or playing I Spy to make the ride more enjoyable.
- Drive out East to the Hamptons
- Hop on a ferry to Bridgeport or New London.
- Take the LIRR to the US Open or into the city for a touristy adventure
- Beaches-national, state and local town options
- Heckscher State Park offers hiking and biking trails along the Connetquot River
- Walk around the many marinas our Island has to offer
- Spend the day on the water on a fishing boat
- Get back to nature at the Long Island Game Farm